Hi everyone! This blog is meant to give you all some insight in to who we are, and what better way to do that than interviewing the family? First up is our oldest son, Andy.
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I’m thirty-two years old and I’ve been working with my parents at Precision Auto since 2007. I take a lot of pride in what I do. It’s my job to tell someone exactly what’s going on with their car, if it’s a safety issue, or just regular maintenance. Honesty is something I think is incredibly important. I believe in this company and what we do, and I look forward to going to work every day.
What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever seen happen with a car?
- Oh, man. That’s a hard question! We recently serviced a car that a bird had created a nest in and laid an egg, that was pretty crazy to see. (picture posted below)
What do you love about our shop?
- The people. I know that sounds lame, but it isn’t just the people that I work with in the shop. The people who visit us quickly become friends and we know many of them for years. For example, one of our clients recently became a barbecue judge (probably the coolest job ever) and brought us a ton of brisket for sandwiches! Every time he’s in I think we talk for an hour.
What’s your pet peeve?
- It’s pretty hard to get under my skin, but when people don’t take their jobs seriously it really irks me. Working in customer service for so long has given me a healthy appreciation for people who care about what they do.
If you were a type of pie, which one would you be?
- I’m not a big pie fan, but I ate a ton of it as a kid. Then I loved pumpkin pie. This is a surprisingly tough question to answer. I guess I’d be pumpkin pie because I love Thanksgiving (it’s my favorite holiday) and that’s when pumpkin pie really gets to shine.
Thank you for choosing Precision Auto!