Tire Mounting, Tire Balancing & Tire Rotation
We have a team of ASE Certified techs that can take care of your vehicle’s tires and wheels. You can protect the overall performance of your vehicle by getting quality tire service from Precision Auto. Before and after any long road trip bring your vehicle’s tires to our shop. Your safety and the safety of your passengers is our top priority. We’ll equip you with the industry’s best quality tires and perform all effective tire services that will keep you on the road. Preserve your vehicle’s tire tread and your safe road travel by letting our tire service experts perform efficient tire maintenance and repair services. Trust Precision Auto to provide you with a top of the line selection of tires in Germantown, MD. Some of the brands we carry:
Tires, tire balancing, tire repair, we do it all! All tires are balanced on a Hunter GSP9700 Roadforce balancer utilizing Smartrac technology. All alignments are performed on our Hunter Hawkeye Elite Alignment Machine. Give us a call at 301-917-2682 for an estimate on tires.
What about Nitrogen?
Nitrogen is a dry, inert gas used to inflate tires for improved performance, more tire longevity and better fuel economy. Precision Auto offers nitrogen. So whether your vehicle came with nitrogen in the tires from the factory or you would like to switch to nitrogen, we can help. Less tire pressure fluctuation-While both nitrogen and oxygen can permeate rubber, nitrogen does it much more slowly. It might take 6 months to lose 2 psi with nitrogen, compared to just a month with air. NASCAR uses nitrogen instead of air in their tires because nitrogen has a much more consistent rate of expansion and contraction.
Some of the potential benefits:
- Less tire pressure fluctuation-While both nitrogen and oxygen can permeate rubber, nitrogen does it much more slowly. It might take 6 months to lose 2 psi with nitrogen, compared to just a month with air. NASCAR uses nitrogen instead of air in their tires because nitrogen has a much more consistent rate of expansion and contraction.
- Reduced wheel corrosion-nitrogen doesn’t cause rust or corrosion of steel and aluminum wheels.
- Prevents inner tire rubber deterioration caused by oxidation-nitrogen doesn’t degrade rubber.
- Increases tread life-Research shows that tires filled with nitrogen instead of oxygen slows the aging process.
- Increases fuel economy-The EPA says that under-inflated tires can lower gas mileage by 0.3 percent for every 1 psi drop in pressure of all four tires. The theory is that since nitrogen loses pressure at a slower rate than air, you are more likely to be at the correct psi and therefore get better fuel economy.
- Helps prevent TPMS problems-TPMS sensors have become very expensive to replace. Moisture in the tire from air will corrode the TPMS sensors. Nitrogen will help maintain proper inflation of your tires, and reduce moisture so your TPMS sensors which will cause them to last longer and have fewer issues.
Friendly tire experts make buying tires in Germantown, MD a breeze.