Germantown’s “Green” Choice for Auto Repair
Precision Auto strives to be environmentally friendly every day. Please take a look at what our shop does to help!
Items we recycle (either pay to have it picked up or take to a recycling facility):
- Used oil
- Used oil filters
- Used antifreeze
- Scrap metal (steel, aluminum, cast iron)
- Used batteries
- Used tires
- Used solvents
- Mixed paper
- Bottles (plastic and glass)
- Aluminum cans
- Toner and ink cartridges
- Electronic and computer equipment
- Yard trim (grass clippings, leaves, etc.)
Efforts To Reduce Paper Usage
- Use email to send customer reminders, estimates and newsletters.
- Eliminate paper copies of training materials, subscriptions, catalogs, newspapers and phonebooks, etc. by switching to online sources.
- Use a bulletin board/dry erase board for internal memos and announcements.
- Encourage team members to utilize reusable kitchenware (cups, coffee mugs, utensils, etc.)
- Install air hand dryers in the restroom.
- For drafts and internal documents, print on the backside of previously printed paper.
Steps We Take:
- Maintain an elaborate storm water management system that is professionally cleaned and inspected yearly by Montgomery County.
- Established a “ground staining” inspection routine in our parking areas to promptly identify and clean up oil and chemicals which may be leaked by customer’s vehicles.
- No underground storage tanks of any kind.
- Keep parking area, dumpsters, and green space free of litter, debris and other contaminants.
- Provide a smoke free environment for our customers and team members.
- Use pump spray bottles instead of aerosol products whenever possible.
- Participate in cooperative purchasing programs with other automotive businesses.
- Use lighting controls such as timers and photocells to conserve electricity.
- Use programmable thermostats to automatically regulate thermostat settings. This reduces energy used when the building is unoccupied.
- Keep all company vehicles well-maintained to minimize emissions.